Just to make sure that you already have all the necessary and important papers on your way to the U.S. Embassy, here are 5 more helpful tips to remember on your way to your non-immigrant visa application (DS-160) interview.
1. When the clock says 8:30 AM, be sure to be there 15-minutes ahead of the given appointment time. Due to many applicants, the U.S .Embassy entertains those who ONLY came in ahead or just in time to give way to other applicants waiting in line. If you cannot or would not be able to arrive at your given schedule, you have the option to call the attention of the embassy office to cancel your interview within 24-hours or your application will be temporarily suspended and you may need to reschedule at a later date.
2. Your appointment schedule (day and time) must be followed. No other schedule will be given if you forgot the appointment schedule given to you. You should also check the U.S. Embassy website http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html to ensure that it is open, particularly in times of inclement weather or heavy traffic conditions in Metro manila. If the Embassy is closed, instructions on how to proceed with your interview appointment will be posted on the website.
3. Gadgets and devices such as mobile phones, cameras, laptops and sharp objects – aside from a pen, are strictly prohibited inside the US Embassy. For safety and security, visitors and visa applicants are NOT PERMITTED to bring any kind of electronic and battery-operated devices into the U.S. Embassy. Applicants who bring such devices will be DENIED entry. Our advise is for you to bring a companion whom you can entrust your belongings for the reason that there are no deposit counters at the Embassy, What they have are vendors (which they claim are accredited with the local government and police department) who offer temporary deposit carriers while you are inside the embassy. We do not advise you to entrust your belongings to them but if you are coming alone and find surprise of this rulings, you are left with the option. These vendors charged a Php 100 to Php 500 depending on your items.
Remember, you don’t know well these persons even if they claim that your items are safe with them. The best advise we can give is to bring a companion on your appointment date whom you can leave your items and will wait until you finished the interview.
4. Keep the interview short and simple. A lot of times we heard of this and in most cases, answering the consul with short and simple reply is enough for them to be satisfied. If the questions are answerable with ‘yes’ or ‘no’, that would be enough. if the consul ask for details, then it’s time for you to add a little bit to the conversation.
5. Look good and confident. Though these last advise is not a guarantee, it is always best to look good and confident on your way to your visa application interview. Wake up early to choose proper attire and have neat looks to impress the interviewer. Answer the questions with confident and give a beautiful smile upfront.
WHAT TO BRING
Original MRV Fee Receipt
DS-160 Confirmation Page
2″ x 2″ Colored Photo
These are just 5 helpful tips to remember on your way to your US Visa Application interview. We don’t guarantee that these tips will get you favorable grant because in the end, it’s always the consul who will decide if he or she will grant you visa.
In an unfortunate event that you are not granted the visa, there will always be another time to try and file another application.
For those who will be lucky to get their visa approved, well-done and make sure that what you stated on your application will be strictly followed by you, and no one else.
Viewed 38232 times by 4761 viewers