Every now and then, we kept hearing stories of issues of bloggers who uses the social media irresponsibly and who couldn’t care less if what they are doing are unethical (e.g. gate-crashing into events, deliberately representing themselves as part of another media entity, by-passing PR outfit to get straight to the client, etc.) . Some are blown up into controversies and spawned discrimination among the local blogosphere.
While it is true that some bloggers need lessons on Blogging 101, the rest are more responsible to keep up the respect among colleagues, traditional media practitioners, clients, and their followers. Here are 5 tips to be a responsible blogger that we would like to share to everyone out there. These are merely suggestions and in no way a form of dictating you of what’s not or what to do.
1. Respect and refrain from copying another blogger’s article. Much like diligently observing the Copyright law.
2. When writing an article, state to the fact and verifiable evidences. Proofread before publishing.
3. Instead of gate-crashing, learn to introduce yourselves to agencies and people involve handling events (without by-passing key resource persons) through social networking (personal or online conversations) so that you may have the heads-up to the next happenings and might get an invitation if your blog(s) are related to their specific events.
4. Become one and not above everyone else. Read: Put both feet firmly grounded. Surely, you have made it already, but you will earn more respect from peers and clients if you humbled down yourself.
5. Give back. Learn to reciprocate the good words others have written or mentioned about you. Link back.
If you think these short tips are meaningful and useful, please do share with your peers via Twitter using the hashtag #Juan4SocialMediaChange.
By the way, we are proud to share with you that we are also nominated in this year’s Tatt Awards 2013 for BEST SOCIAL MEDIA MOVEMENT. We thank all those who nominated and are supporting us all the way. Hope you can share this too, by re-tweeting this tweet post found on this link: https://twitter.com/ChooseTattoo/status/336104035000147968 and using the hashtag #TattAwards2013.
View full mechanics of the Tatt Awards 2013 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Nha8SBR64&feature=youtu.be
Good luck to all nominees!
Viewed 92097 times by 4443 viewers