“We want to grow and progress with the consumers by addressing social, environmental and economic issues such as poverty, lack of clean water and sanitation, and people living under 1-2 dollars a day. That’s basically the heart of 1 Million Clean Toilets campaign,” said Chito Macapagal, Vice President for Corporate Affairs, Unilever Philippines during the Bulong Pulungan discussion at Hotel Sofitel in Pasay City.
There are 3 areas that the company is working on for the growth and progress of their consumers.
1. Health and well-being.
2. Focus on the environment.
3. Sustainable source or livelihood.
The 1 Million Clean Toilets campaign aims to prevent diarrhea, respiratory ailments, and colds by simple hand-washing after going to the toilet. One of their objectives if for everyone to have clean toilets as well in public and private establishments.
In partnership with UNICEF and with reports from World Health Organization , Unilever encourage its consumers to continue using Domex, the leading household cleaning brand in the country.
“We at Domex believe that prompt action against diarrheal diseases, unclean toilets and unsanitary toilet practices can significantly decrease health risks and improve lives,” said Jay Go, Marketing Director for Unilever Home Care, noting that in the Philippines, more than 2,000 children under five die annually from diarrhea as a result of germ-infested toilets that contaminate water resources. (RELATED: NO HOPE LOST: Pneumonia and diarrhea put a great toll on children deaths in the Philippines)
Here are 6 helpful tips on how to properly clean the toilet:
1. Wear proper protective gear like rubber gloves and mask.
2. Use Domex Toilet Bowl Cleaner and directly squeeze the nozzle under toilet rim in circular motion.
3. Allow at least 5 minutes for the product to cover the entire toilet bowl and effectively kill the germs.
4. Use a brush and scrub the toilet bowl surface from top to bottom.
5. Flush the toilet to rinse.
6. Prepare a separate solution of thick bleach in a pail of water to clean other toilet surfaces.
Unilever Philippines envisions 1 Billion Better Lives by 2020, in their thrust to create improved, sustainable living around the globe.
Viewed 22271 times by 3588 viewers