Whether it’s your first time or if you’re having your passport renewal, the processing of the document is almost the same when it comes with requirements and the time you will have to spend once you have your personal appearance schedule of appointment. You may file for application and appointment at Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Aseana in Macapagal or have your passport process in available DFA satellite offices – some are located in malls like SM and Robinsons in the metro and provinces.
Here are some tips that we like to share with you to make your passport processing a little less worry.
1. Be one hour early. On your appointment date, DFA wll require you to be 30 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment. We suggest that you come in early or make it to one hour or even two hours early. The reason we suggest it that way, is for you to get the chance to be early in line and be ahead of almost everybody. Sure you’ll still get to fall in line if you’re 30 minutes ahead but you should be ready and must not be surprised of the long queue that will greet you there.
2. Packed-up a full tummy. No one can exactly guess how long your passport processing will take so to ward off that boring hungry moments, make sure you had a full tummy before going to the DFA. Have your breakfast, brunch, lunch or snacks first before going to your scheduled appointment.
3. Prepare all the necessary documents. Preparing ahead of time always pays a lot. So make sure that the required document(s) based on your passport application are ready. Have all the documents photocopied in advance. Bring your old passport for those who are renewing. For lost passport, make sure you bring the affidavit of loss that is needed for filing your case.
4. Apply for NSO Birth Certificate in advance. Before you make your passport appointment, make sure you already have your authenticated birth certificate issued by NSO. For new passport applicants, your birth certificate is required. So make sure you have it with you. You may file for the request of your birth certificate through Pilipinas Teleserv online. Through a chat conversation, your birth certificate application will be verified. It will only take 2 working days and your birth certificate will be delivered at your doorstep for P350.
5. Look good and visually appealing. On the day of your e-passport processing, make sure you’re in a tip-top shape. It wll be a good time to have a nice haircut or a little make-over before your scheduled appointment. Remember, you passport is good for 5 years and it shall represent you whenever and wherever you go out of the country. It also serves as one of the valid documents when applying for or transacting another public documents.
One more thing, those who wear colored contact lens will be asked to take it off. So make sure you’re not wearing one or if you are, remove it before the photo capturing session. For boys and girls, earrings are also not allowed when you’re picture is being taken.
Wear anything casual or nice dress for the ladies. A collared shirt or smart casual attire for the boys will make the picture on your passport looks better.
6. Prepare the necessary payment. Payment ranges from P950 to P1200 for regular and express rush, respectively. If you want your passport to be delivered, prepare an additional P120 for the courier service. Regular e-passport will be processed for 15 working days while the express rush are processed within 7 working days.
Did you know that SM City Baguio is now accepting application for the processing of DFA e-passport?
Just recently, DFA satellite office up in the northern region opened last October 2, 2012. Just like in the main and satellite branches, DFA SM City Baguio receives and process first-time and renewing clients. Director Ed Canta explained that they are already processing 120 to 170 applications everyday since they opened. Presently having 12 front-liners. DFA SM City Baguio is proud and committed to serve their applicants in the most convenient, fastest, and reliable way they can. They also serve applicants coming from other towns and other regions as long as they have the complete documents required. For security, their manpower are all well-trained to verify the legality of the documents they received.
for more interesting updates!
DFA SM City Baguio is the 9th satellite office of DFA.
Viewed 15257 times by 3176 viewers