Modern technology has brought upon us the birth of Smart TVs and for those who own one, it’s like having free cable subscription because of the built-in TV apps that comes with the system. And if you’re bored playing around with the apps or you want your mobile phones to access more videos and shows straight from your smartphone, all you have to do is get a Google Chromecast, download and install a casting app, and that’s it, enjoy 24/7 video-on-demand, just like the rest of the millennials around the globe.
But what if you’re still stuck with a dumb television (re: old fashioned television set) and you also want to experience what others are experiencing with a Smart TV?
Android TV is the answer to your woes. This TV box set works to stream and play your favorite shows from blockbuster TV show to radio stations, and more. It’s remote voice controlled to use your voice to search for latest TV shows, movies, music, and more. It’s also Google cast ready, so you wont have to spend P2,295 to enjoy streaming movies from your smartphone.
We test-drive the new Android TV from Globe Telecom and here are some more of the coolest features that we discovered about it:
Access 1,000,000+ videos, movies, and games from the Google Play Store
Yes, you can download your favorite available movies, videos, and games straight from the Play Store. All you just need is to register for a Google account, sign-in your Google details to the Play Store and search for a whole lot of applications on this Google app store.
It’s a Xiaomi Mi Box
Technically, it’s made for and by Xiaomi as part of the brand’s TV line of products. Xiaomi is known in the country for creating a spectacular buzz and sales of the Mi Phones. The Mi Box, or should we say, the Android TV has a size of 101mm in length, 101mm in width, and 19.55m thickness. It’s very convenient and easy to carry-on. It’s light at 176.5g. Also it comes in color Black.
- Output Resolution: Up to 4K 60fps
- Processor: Quad-core Cortex-A53 2.0GHz
- GPU: Mali 450 750MHz
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- Flash: 8GB eMMC
- System: Android TV 6.0
- Security: Widevine L1 + PlayReady 3.0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0/3.0
- VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K x 2K @ 60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 at L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 60fps
- H.264 AVC HPat L5.1, up to 4K x 2K at 30fps
- H.264 MVC, up to 1080P at 60fps
- Supports HDR10/HLG HDR processing (software upgrade required)
- DTS 2.0+ Digital Out, Dolby Digital Plus
- Up to 7.1 pass through
- HDMI: HDMI 2.0a x 1 port (HDCP 2.2)
- USB: USB 2.0 x 1 port
- AV: SPDIF Out / 3.5mm audio output x 1 port
- Power: 1 port
- Remote: Bluetooth voice remote control, powered by 2 AAA batteries
- Included accessories: Bluetooth voice remote control, HDMI cable, user guide
- Power input: 100~240V 50/60Hz input, 5.2V, 2.1A output
Available in select Globe Stores
- P200/month for 24 months Charge to Bill
- Can be purchased at Standalone Price of P3,800
- Or thru Optional Installment at P300 payable in 3 months Charge to Bill
This product is already running on the latest Android 6.0.1 version and available for System Update. We liked it that the Android TV has a lot of wonderful specs and aside from it being a 4K set-top box and has HDR video support, it also supports 68 languages. Out of the 68 languages, 4 are supported by the Voice Remote Control. These are English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The Voice Remote Control works up to 10 meters distance. To activate the voice search, you just have to press the voice button while speaking and the box will begin to search.
You can also set the Sleep Time for the Android TV Box from Never, 30 Minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, or 12 hours.
The Android TV works on Wi-Fi so just in case you are experiencing technical problems, make sure you’re box is connected to the Wi-Fi or hotspot from your phone. The Android TV is also Bluetooth supported.
To be honest, we had a slight difficulty when we first set-up the Android TV and as soon as we get to learn more of this product, there were no hassles afterwards.
- Product is awesome. No need to buy a separate Chromecast device.
- Affordable. You can choose any of the mentioned payment options required when you visit select Globe Stores.
- Connectivity. Connection or speed of the product depends on the Wi-Fi or hotspot. Whether you’re on prepaid or postpaid, just make sure that you have enough load or you have a postpaid plan that best suits your entertainment needs like Globe at Home Plan 1299 and make bonding sessions at home more fun and entertaining!
Viewed 121547 times by 2023 viewers