The recently concluded search for nation builders have announced Coca-Cola and TAYO Foundation‘s top ten youth organizations out of twenty finalists and more than a hundred entries in a simple rites at Malacanang, this Thursday, Feb.6.
Each of the Ten Accomplished Youth Organization of the Philippines awardees received Php 50,000 cash grant given by Coca-Cola Foundation Philippines, Inc. (CCFPI) to support the winners’ causes. The top ten winners also received a specially sculpted trophy from renowned Filipino sculptor, Toym de Leon Imao.
The list of the organization names are listed below.
1. Gualandi Volunteer Service Program (Visayas) for their project: “Break The Silence Network Project”
2. Association of Locally Empowered Youth-NM (Mindanao) for their project: “Disadvantaged Urban Youth Entrepreneurship, Organic Vegetable Production,Food Processing and Marketing Project.
3. Hayag Youth Organization (Visayas) for their project: “Langoy Para Sa Kaluwasan”.
4. Kawil Tours (Luzon) for their project: “Kawil Tours-Reconnecting Isla Culion through Tourism”.
5. Tanay Mountaineers Incorporated (Luzon) for their project: “DISASTER RISK REDUCTION ADVOCACY PROGRAM – Empowering the Youth in Building a Resilient Disaster Community”.
6. TC Youth Laboratory Cooperative (Mindanao) for their project: “Financial Literacy for Youth Program”.
7. United Architects of the Philippines Student Auxiliary – Foundation University Chapter (Visayas) for their project: “ESTUDIO DAMGO – DUNGGA DAYCARE CENTER”.
8. Tulong sa Kapwa Kapatid (NCR) for their project: “Break Realizing Dreams through Education; Building Hope through Small Acts of Love”.
9. Volunteer Service Provider (Mindanao) for their project: “Developing Ocean’s Man-Made Eco-Friendly Shelters (D.O.M.E.S.)”.
10. University of San Carlos-Pathways (Visayas) for their project: “Bridging The Gap (BTG)”.
Sen. Bam Aquino who led the awarding ceremony, is a social entrepreneur and the youngest senator of the Philippines. Senator Bam was once one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons for 2012.
This year, TAYO received a total of 286 entries—majority of which are focused on environmental protection, medical services, disaster recovery, education, and entrepreneurship.
COKE BARKADA AWARD
Apart from the TAYO awards, a special category dubbed the “Coke Barkada Award” was also recognized during the ceremony. The award and additional cash grant was given to Team BUNDOL Mountaineers as recognition for embodying the qualities of a true Coke Barkada Ambassador – a group that shares happiness, and passion-driven in changing communities through projects that mirrors what Coca-Cola has been doing in the fields of water stewardship, women empowerment, and promoting well-being.
The Team BUNDOL Mountaineers entered their project called ‘EcoTrek’, an annual mountaineering activity that advocates tourism, education, and environmental protection, one sitio at a time. They invite other enthusiasts and mountaineering groups to participate in the activity alongside planting trees in the area, and bringing books and school supplies to the sitios they visit.
For more information on the TAYO Awards, you may visit www.tayoawards.net.
Viewed 25702 times by 3408 viewers