Ford Philippines shared their safety and cool features on the road with the all-new Ford Focus as we traveled Manila by night on a spooky Halloween ride.
Running on a full tank, the Ford Focus team (including the author) toured the metro to measure up its intelligent features for safe driving, especially during the night time.
Ford Focus is equipped with Ford SYNC that helps and keep tracks of the car’s movement allowing its driver and passengers to keep updated of car safety. The intelligent SYNC can remind both driver and passenger if they forget to wear their seat-belts; flash messages of helpful tips on night time driving; syncing for blind spot; and receives SMS and calls via the SYNC Phone applications.
Navigation is basically smooth but at the same time, the learning process for adapting the newest technology needs more time for drivers and passengers to learn the smart features of Ford Focus and Ford Fiesta that will help them reach their destinations safe, especially during the holidays.
“Ford always puts safety in the forefront when it comes to our vehicles. With the all-new Focus and the all-new Fiesta, both designed using quality materials and the latest technology to ensure the utmost safety for the passenger,” says Anika Salcedo-Wycoco, AVP for Communications, Ford Group Philippines.
“The best-in-class all-new Ford Focus offers safe and smart features that both enhance convenience and protection for our customers. Whether the voice-controlled Ford SYNC technology that allows drivers to operate mobile phones and entertainment systems hands-free, torque vectoring control which provides more stability on curves, or Active City Stop which helps to mitigate low-speed collisions, the technologies in this vehicle help keep you safe on the road.”
The all-new Ford Focus offers additional benefits for night-time driving, such as the smart ambient light, turning headlight an Follow Me Home light.
Meanwhile, the all-new Ford Fiesta’s structure has more than 55 percent high-strength steel with ultra-strong boron steel reinforcing several key points. The result is best-in-class occupant safety: passengers are better protected in the event of a collision.
Thus the tour, also dubbed as Ford Halloween City Tour provided two teams with two Ford Focus as we navigate through the traffic-based major and minor roads in the city of Makati and Manila. Seems like we have better tested the vehicle because we actually drove during a funky weather, non-stop rain until the night-time.
The course of the tour cap-off at La Cocina de Tita Moning, a rich in heritage of history of the Legarda family located in 315 San Rafael street, San Miguel District, Manila.
La Cocina is the home of Alejandro Roces Legarda and Ramona Hernandez Legarda (Tita Moning) and is now a personal family museum and a venue for exclusive private parties. For reservations, feel free to contact (02) 734-2146 or email [email protected]
Here are few tips and things to know when driving at night:
1. Before hitting the road, check that all exterior lights work properly (front and rear, break lights and high beams) and ensure windows and headlights are clean can greatly reduce efficiency – as much as 90 percent.
2. Use your lights courteously. Don’t flash your high beams at a vehicle with its high beams on, as this will only increase the chance that the other driver won’t be able to see. When following another vehicle, use your low beams to avoid blinding the driver ahead of you.
3. If an oncoming vehicle doesn’t lower beams from high to low, avoid being blinded by diverting your gaze down to the side, using the lane marker or painted median strip as guide.
4. Use vehicle mirrors to your advantage. Exterior mirrors that are properly aligned not only reduce blind spots, they also reduce glare from vehicles behind you. The outside rear-view mirrors should be adjusted so that the bodywork of the vehicle is just outside of the driver’s view. The rear-view mirror can be flipped to its ‘day-night’ setting, which changes the angle of the mirror and cuts glare.
—-> Focus Tip!
The all-new Ford Focus Titanium+ comes equipped with Blind Spot Information System (BLIS), which uses radar sensors on the either side of the focus to see vehicles that may be hidden in your blind spot. The system will alert you with an orange light, clearly displayed in the side mirror. Additionally, some models of the all-new Focus come with auto-dimming rear-view mirrors.
5. Avoid using your vehicle’s interior light while driving. It makes it even harder to see outside of your vehicle.
6. And remember, never drink and drive. Not only does alcohol severely impair your motor skills, it also acts as a depressant. Just one drink can induce fatigue.
For more information and safety tips regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://media.ford.com.
for more interesting updates!
Ford Focus Hatchback is priced at PhP 929,000 to PhP 1,199,000. Focus Sedan is available from PhP 859,000 to PhP 1,199,000.
Ford Fiesta Hatchback is priced at PhP 699,000 to PhP 859,000. Fiesta Sedan is available at PhP 679,000 to PhP 789,000.
Complete Vehicle Price List can be viewed at http://www.ford.com.ph/buying/price-list.
Overall, the all-new Ford Focus is a great ride! No humps and bumpy feelings while on the road. Back passengers can calmly drowse without worrying much of interruptions and safely be brought to their home and other destinations.
Viewed 13515 times by 2751 viewers