Carpooling is a term where you and your friends (or mostly co-workers) jumped in one car to get to your point of destination at a cost that is not heavy on the budget. Sometimes, gas money is all you have to share and the driver, the owner of the vehicle will take you where you’re going.
Carpooling became more of a trend these days as passengers grind to their daily commuting, battling traffic and the worsening public transportation conditions that not only delayed travel time but put too much stress for the public.
These and other scenarios paved way for ride sharing app, like Grab, to extend their services and launch GrabShare, the company’s first on-demand commercial carpooling service available in the Philippines and Singapore. with GrabShare, passenger demand for rides can be met more efficiently with the existing car supply, helping to reduce the number of cars on the road. In exchange for sharing their ride, passengers enjoy cheaper fares and a maximum for only one additional detour; drivers earn more by completing two bookings on one trip.
“After the success of our first run in Singapore, we’ve decided to bring GrabShare to Manila for the benefit of the Filipino commuters. With it, we can deliver more affordable rides to our passengers and provide higher incomes for our drivers,” said Brian Cu, Grab Philippines’ Country Head.
What sets GrabShare apart?
- Lower fares. Pay up to 30% less than GrabCar.
- Less detours. Only 1 additional drop-off point per trip.
- Enjoy a private car ride, even on a budget.
“Carpooling is instrumental to achieving our most important goals: to make transportation accessible for our passengers, and to improve the lives of our drivers. With GrabShare, Grab makes the everyday commute of Filipinos even more cost-efficient and hassle-free,” added Cu.
Benefits of GrabShare to drivers
- Higher earnings. Drivers can double the bookings they serve on a single GrabShare trip, with minimal effort. This translates to higher combined fares and an increase in their earnings.
- Cost-efficient trips. Every GrabShare trip helps drivers maximize the utility of their vehicle, fuel and time, which means fewer resources are needed to yield the same amount of productivity.
Download the Grab app from the App Store and Google Play Store to experience GrabShare.
Viewed 137746 times by 2352 viewers