Just got this online photo contest invite from the mailbox and we want to share it with you, especially those who have been to Tacloban after the devastation of Typhoon Yolanda.
It says, “(The) U.S. Embassy. In observance of the 1st Anniversary of Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan, (we) are conducting a photo contest called “Hope After the Storm” Online Photo Challenge. Up for grabs is a GoPro Hero camera.”
This contest is open to all, and isn’t just for photo bloggers or professional photographers. Two renowned photographers and two Embassy representatives will judge the contest. Anyone residing in the Philippines can join. For full mechanics check out the page https://www.facebook.com/events/1555104088039155/ or see below.
Photo should best exemplify joint recovery efforts of the U.S. and Philippines following the destruction cause by Super Typhoon Yolanda. Add a caption and explain how the photo demonstrates this effort.
• Submit an original photo (raw or edited) of Yolanda rehabilitation from the past year. The photo should exemplify joint recovery efforts of the U.S. and Philippines following the destruction caused by Super Typhoon Yolanda.
• In order to join, upload your photo with caption on the U.S. Embassy Facebook event page entitled “Hope After the Storm Photo Challenge.”
• One photo per individual may be entered.
• The Photo Contest is open to all Philippine residents, ages 13 and up.
• Photos may be taken with any device (digicam, smart phone, DSLR) provided they are at least 5 megapixel in size.
• To qualify, the photo must be original. Copyrighted photos or photos downloaded from the internet may not be used as entries. Edited photos (cropping, color adjustment) may be submitted as long as they are original photos.
• Nude or inappropriate photos are not permitted.
• Submission begins October 31, 2014. Deadline for submission is November 11, 2014 11:59pm
• Entries will be screened to certify that it abides by guidelines. A panel of judges will choose the winners.
• The top 10 entries will be invited to a reception at the U.S. Embassy Manila on November 21. The top winner will be awarded a GoPro Hero camera.
• In addition, a People’s Choice Award for the most number of “likes” will be awarded. Voting is open from November 12 to 17, 2014. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be awarded a special prize.
• By submitting an entry, the owner retains copyright of the photo but agrees to grant rights to the Embassy to use the photos for non-profit purposes.
• All entries will be featured on the Embassy’s social media.
• Niccolo Cosme (Creative Director and Conceptual Photographer)
• Pilar Tuason (Photographer, former brand Ambassador for Canon Philippines and Sony Camera Southeast Asia)
• Dan Miller (Director, Office of Economic Development & Governance, USAID Philippines)
• Kristin Kneedler (Cultural Affairs Officer, U.S. Embassy Manila)
Viewed 49389 times by 7574 viewers