I wasn’t that familiar with Vietnamese cuisine (I’m more into Thai, Korean and Japanese), until I grabbed the opportunity to have “A Taste of Vietnam” at Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila’s Cafe 8 restaurant. The hotel invited media personalities and bloggers last March 10, the very first day of this Vietnamese dining showcase led by three Vietnam-based guest chefs Nguyen Thi Khanh Ngan, Tran Kim Hoang Trong, and Vo Van Chien.
You can dine at Cafe 8 Vietnamese-style until March 18 only, so it’s better to plan that lunch or dinner reservation right after reading this blog entry. Let this be your guide in making that choice of either lunch buffet (PHP 1,235++/head) or dinner (P1,410++). Both prices include free flowing juices, sodas, beer and wine. There’s even a special treat for the ladies this Women’s Month:
View this post on Instagram
Because it's Women's Month, all ladies get 50% off on tomorrow's lunch & dinner buffet at Café 8! Get "A Taste of Vietnam" as our kitchen is taken over by 3 guest chefs from Vietnam namely, Chefs Nguyen Thi Khanh Ngan, Tran Kim Hoang Trong and Vo Van Chien, taking your taste buds to a culinary journey! #ATasteofVietnam #CHWomensMonth #Café8 #CrimsonFilinvestCity
I included photos of my Top 3 favorites from the menu composed of soups, salads, main courses and desserts (no rice for this special buffet so you have to make that “crossover” to the regular buffet station on the other side for some hot steamed rice).
Vietnamese Fresh Spring Roll with Pork and Shrimp
Baked Banana Cake
My buffet sampling sessions 1 and 2:
Apart from the photos of my top picks, check out my video at the end of this post for my Snapchat story on the official press launch.
Here are highlights from my experience that you’ll see when you click the Play button:
– The hotel lobby was turned into a Vietnamese art exhibit and video tour venue.
– The Vietnamese buffet station was decorated with trademark palm-leaf conical hats called nón lá (a.k.a. Asian rice hat worn by farmers) and other ornaments representisng The Land of the Dragon People’s cultural heritage.
– Expect Miss Saigon #feels when you see the traditional dress called áo dài worn by Cafe 8’s female servers.
– The Cafe 8 team, led by Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila General Manager Gerhard Doll, welcomed members of the press and VIP guests (Vietnamese Ambassador to the Philippines Ly Quoc Tuan and Vietnamese singer Mrs. Dong Nghi).
– The Bánh mì slicing ceremony featuring the VIPs to formally begin the buffet promotion
– Food, food and more food with good Vietnamese coffee
Be updated with the latest promos and events of Crimson Hotel Filinvest City, Manila in six ways:
– Visit http://www.crimsonhotel.com/manila/packages/
– Call (+63 2) 8632222
– Send them an e-mail: [email protected]
– Follow @CrimsonFilinvestCity on Facebook and subscribe to Facebook-listed events
– Follow @Crimson_Alabang on Twitter and turn on notifications for all tweets
– Follow @crimsonfilinvestcity on Instagram and turn on notifications
Viewed 124372 times by 2854 viewers