In line with Globe Telecom’s commitment to ‘financial inclusion’ enabling Filipinos to innovative and disruptive products, and provide freelancers easy access and convenience when it comes to fund transfers in the Philippines, the leading mobile network company announced the partnership of GCash and PayPal, a global leader in digital payments.
Micro and small to medium-seized enterprise (MSME) business owners and freelancers can now transfer and withdraw their PayPal funds at no additional charge by simply linking their PayPal accounts to their GCash accounts. Funds can then be withdrawn from their GCash account within a day through their GCash MasterCard at over 20,000 BancNet ATMs located across the Philippines and over 12,000 Globe Partner Outlets (GPOs) nationwide at zero withdrawal fees and gain access to their funds within 24 hours.
“Filipino freelancers faced the challenge in getting themselves paid. I would surmise that a good proportion of them probably don’t have bank accounts, and also most of the bank accounts that they have probably aren’t linked up with the PayPal payment service. And so, we tried to solve that problem with one of the foremost name in the payment industry. And as you know, Globe loves dealing with foremost names,” said Globe Telecom President and CEO Ernest Cu.
“PayPal has always been a strong supporter of freelancers and MSMEs. We help them gain access to over 200 markets via our global platform, and we provide them with a truly global, end-to-end solution by collaborating with strong local payment partners such as GCash. This solution with GCash will provide our Filipino customers with a quicker and more convenient way to withdraw and utilize payments received from overseas,” said Dr. Rohan Mahadevan, CEO for Paypal Pte Ltd and SVP for PayPal Asia Pacific.
Now, let’s show you the steps how to link your GCash and PayPal account.
Set up a GCash Account
- Download the GCash App and register
- Verify your GCash account vis fb.com/gcashverify
Link your PayPal Account
- Log in to GCash App
- On the side menu, select “Link PayPal Account”
- Enter your PayPal-registered email address
- Log in through the PayPal page that will be prompted, then click “Authorize”
*Only GCash-verified (KYCd) customers can link their own PayPal accounts. Both accounts must be owned by the same person.
Create a PayPal Account
- Go to www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/account-selection
- Select either a “Personal” or “Business” account which you would like to open
- Enter your email address and choose a password
- Fill in the rest of the requested information
Transfer Available Funds from PayPal to GCash
- On the dashboard, click ‘Cash-in’ and select ‘PayPal’
- Select the currency and amount you wish to transfer to GCash
- Confirm your transaction
*You can only transfer funds after linking your PayPal account.
Viewed 119774 times by 2933 viewers