Coming September 7, it’s going to be a special day for grandparents! Grandparents, lolo, lola, grandpa, grandma, call them whatever you like, they are part of our lives even before we were born. Ever wonder why you get special treatment from your lolo or lola even when mom and dad is around? You could be special to them, but honestly, it’s the other way around. The truth is, they are the most special person in the world. Who would have save you from your mom when she’s out to unleash her motherly punishment whenever you have done something bad? But of course! Lolos and lolas always come to your rescue. So mark your calendars, September 7 is Grandparents Day!
Our Favorite Memory
Lucky are those who were born with both grandparents around. For those who weren’t able to meet the lolo or lola would seem be incomplete but for those who have them both should thank their grandparents who diligently took care of us when we were all little and up to this day while we’re busy growing up and they are growing old.
“Why are grandparents so special?” you might be asking yourselves. Let’s roll it in 5 items.
5 Reasons Why Grandparents Are Special
1. They’re the quiet yet amused voice that says yes when our parents say no.
2. They never forget a birthday, even if sometimes, they forget how to spell your name.
3. For some unfathomable reason, the meals they cook are always the best.
4. Win or lose, they always have a warm smile and comforting hug waiting just for us.
5. Their presence keeps us grounded, because they represent our roots. They remind us of home.
A family that prays together, stays together. Bring lolo and lola to mass at an SM mall on September 7. There will be a special blessing for grandparents right after the ceremony. Before hitting shops and having fun, say a little prayer, and thank the Lord for putting such loving elders in your life.
Viewed 18264 times by 3471 viewers