After celebrating Chinese New Year, what’s next? Romance, spice and everything nice will be the theme of this month, the Love Month. February comes with lots of surprises that Filipinos enjoy every year. Although Chinese New Year happened on the last day of January this year, it ushered for the coming of a romantic 28-days filled with love and joy for everyone. Many will for sure go out on a romantic date come Valentine’s Day or on February 14. Couples may go out-of-town, spend movie night together, see the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon in Clark, wonder at the Pyromusical event, or will choose to have a romantic overnight stay with dinner with featured French ateliers. And where else must it be? But of course, at Spiral in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.
Spiral will titillate your senses with culinary artisans presentinh the hottest recipes for romance. Spiral’s 21 dining ateliers transform into a haven for 21 magical spices that add new and enhanced flavors to your love life featuring: saffron, ginger, basil, ginseng, ras el hanout cinnamon, vanila, pink pepper, galangal, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, thyme, curry, coriander, turmeric, mustard seed, star anise, cardamom, shichimi (Japanese spice mixture), paprika, and chili.
Spiral’s Master Chefs says it with spices this Valentine’s Day proving that the recipe for love is truly stirred up in the kitchen. “The spicier the food, the better it is for a person’s health and for affairs of the heart,” shares Chef Alain Rion, Master Artisan for the French Stove and Restaurant Operations Chef of Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila.
6 Spices to Turn Up the Heat this Valentine’s Day
- Cleopatra was said to have used saffron as an aphrodisiac.
- Cumin represented love and fidelity in the Middle Ages of Europe.
- Koreans believe that ginseng is very potent health booster.
- Ginger has been known for its high amounts of potassium, copper, and magnesium which enhance one’s mood and increases the heart rate.
- Italians have been known to use basil in most dishes as if improves circulation, stimulate one’s libido, and boosts fertility.
- Chili peppers have been regarded as a staple in Central America and Asia, most especially in India as it is known as both an antioxidant and possesses anti-inflammatory properties that have demonstrated promise aiding in cancer treatment and contributes to weight loss.
#SpiceUpSpiral is available on the 14th of February 2017 with the following details:
- Valentine’s Day Lunch – P3,000nett per person; P1500nett per child age 5-12 years old.
- Calentine’s Dinner – P4,500nett per person; P1850nett per child age 5-12 years old.
For those who want a romantic pampering, indulge yourself or bring a special someone for a combination treatment-package taht will suit your needs and preference. Bask into this invigorating beauty and wellness services in Vietura at P9,500nett.
Scentherapie, a premium soy wax candle maker, ignites a romantic mood to spice up the love life staying true to their promise of “Mood, Moments, and Memories.”
And if you want to spend romantic moments on Valentine’s Day with your special someone, you might want to escape to an urban getaway with a special staycation package and experience a romantic seaside getaway taking couples to a tropical oasis in the heart of Manila.
For more information with the Valentine Special Room Package and reservations on featured Valentines offers, you may call (632) 551.5555 or email [email protected]
Viewed 144990 times by 2495 viewers