Are you a fresh graduate hoping to land a good and high-paying job after college? Aside from the fact that companies still favor graduates of Top 4 universities, here are some tips that you may want to consider in applying for your first job.
For Behavioral Skills, companies are on the look-out for fresh graduates who has the:
1. Willingness to Learn. Fresh graduates may not have that work experience but the passion to learn should be there.
2. Initiative. Fresh graduates must be willing to do more and going the extra mile to contribute to the company.
3. Honesty and Integrity. These are the building blocks of leadership and professionalism.
For Functional Skills, companies are looking for:
1. Communication Skills. Oral and verbal in English and Tagalog language.
2. Trainable. Fresh graduates should exhibit basic understanding, intellect and capacity to learn.
3. Tech Know-how. This is one of the important skills that companies are looking at because all that we do now is related to computer and online work.
*Based on www.jobstreet.com 2013-2014 survey.
Viewed 31806 times by 3934 viewers