Singapore Airlines received the first of 19 new A330-300 aircraft at a ceremony in Toulouse, France last 21 January 2009. These aircraft have recently been added to the fleet servicing the Manila-Singapore route.
The aircraft is configured in a two class layout, with 30 new Business Class seats, and 255 Economy Class seats.
Now here are our Top 10 fun facts about Singapore Airlines:
1. The Singapore Airlines A330-300 fleet is powered by two Rolls-Royce Trent 700 engines. According to Rolls-Royce, they claim that the Trent 700 has the lowest life cycle fuel burn, and is the quietest and cleanest engine available on the A330. The Trent 700 has established itself as the engine of choice on the A330 with over 57 per cent market share. The Trent 700 is also regarded as best environmental performance of any engine on the A330.
2. Singapore Airlines’ next generation of cabin products debuted on Singapore-London route. The new cabin products, which are set to be Singapore Airlines’ benchmark for premium air travel, are being introduced on a Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. It will operate selected flights between Singapore and London.
3. Nearly Php 7 billion is being invested in the new products on the initial eight B777-300ERs. The aircraft features the world’s most advanced in-flight entertainment system, with larger screens and touch-screen handsets, an easy-to-reach USB and HDMI ports, as well as more spacious and comfortable seats in all classes.
4. The new KrisWorld, the world’s most advanced in-flight entertainment, is enjoyed across all classes. Complementing the experience is a new state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment system. First Class customers can enjoy the new KrisWorld on a sleek 24-inch LCD screen, with video touch-screen handsets.
To ensure that personal devices are within easy reach, iPod and USB ports are discreetly located by the side of the seat. HDMI ports have also been added to enable customers to use KrisWorld as their own personal media player.
5. All-in Fares at exceptional value. Singapore Airlines offers great fares value for their passengers until November 30, 2013.
Singapore: From USD 210/Return
Southeast Asia: From USD 310/Return
Indian Subcontinent: From USD 700/Return
Australia: From USD 780/Return
Europe: From USD 990/Return
6. Singapore Airlines increased the checked-in baggage allowance for all SIA and SilkAir flights by 10kg for all classes of travel. Given this, SIA and SilkAir passengers are now eligible for free baggage allowances of 50kg in Suites and First Class, 40kg in Business Class and 30kg in Economy Class. This new change is SIA’s response to customer feedback and also SIA’s way of always making sure it provides its passengers nothing but excellent customer service.
7. Singapore Airlines looks ‘sosy’ yet affordable. According to Rita Dy, Manager for Marketing Communications & Services (Philippines), the fact that is Singapore Airlines is a good product giving everything they can for their passengers. “We are able to give the best offers now for the market and I would like to share it to all. ‘Sosy’ but affordable, and that’s how we want it to be known for,” says Dy.
8. Singapore Airlines launched is newest brand campaign “Feel at Home”. Flying in more than 60 destinations in 34 countries across 6 continents, Singapore Airlines feels for their passengers needs from the food they eat, the movies they watch, the fabrics they love, all of these and more are now delivered by SIA.
9. WiFi connectivity. Yes, Singapore Airlines is incorporating on-air WiFi connectivity while on-board the aircraft as response to the request. This is one aspect SIA wants to deliver and make everyone on-board feels at home whenever flying with Singapore Airlines. But for its major operations, WiFi is simply available in some aircraft only, as SIA is still negotiating with tie-ups who can provide them a bigger bandwidth on-board so they can give it to their passengers for free, according to Ranjan Jha, General Manager Philippines, Guam & USTT.
10. Singapore Airlines, American Express and Crystal Cruises are offering the best luxury packages coined as “Fly & Cruise in Luxury“. American Express card members can now enjoy 50% savings on both air and cruise components. The Fly & Cruise in Luxury promotion fares start from USD 5,726 for a 12-day cruise from Bali to Singapore. This promotion runs until May 2014. For more details, visit www.singaporeair.com, www.americanexpress.com.ph.
BDO is the exclusive issuer of American Express Cards in the Philippines.
Read Singapore Airlines surprises passengers in Manila with a special Christmas dance performance and Santa’s gift at NAIA 1 here.
Viewed 21690 times by 3851 viewers