Spoiler alert. The next in the Vivo V5 line of products completely amazed us with its killer Selfie Softlight feature that is designed to give its competitors a run for their money. The updated Selfie Softlight technology, already available with other V5 series, brings out a studio-like ambiance, similar to a professional photography studio, offered to enhance images during night mode and make a clear, crisp, and stunning selfie images even in poor lighting conditions. IMHO, same with the other V5 models, the softlight feature will also be the main selling point of the V5s.
Superior Camera: Front and Rear
And as we talk about the camera, the V5s’ superior camera features and advanced selfie tools. Equipped with a 20-megapixel front camera with f2.0 aperture, the V5s gives you crystal clear, high-resolution selfies, wherein all the details are astonishingly visible. The light-sensing area is also larger than average at 1/2.78 inch, allowing more light to come in, which in turn enhances photo brightness.
The V5s’ 20-megapixel front camera is supplemented by a 13-megapixel rear camera with f2.2 aperture and an ultra-high-definition mode that renders stunning ultra HD images of up to 52 megapixels.
Here are some of the premium specs of the Vivo V5s as per release during the smartphone launch held last May 19 at The Annex, SM North EDSA
- Equipped with 5G capacity for a more stable Internet connection—an upgrade from the 4G capacity of previous V5 units and other phones in the same price range.
- OTG feature, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB2.0 and GPS for a smooth and fast transfer of files, making it the top choice for social media-savvy millennials and working professionals.
- Storage capacity of 4GB RAM, the V5s is perfect for games and applications. Its 64GB ROM is expandable up to 256 GB, allowing a veritable archive of 302 films, 20,000 songs or 26,000 pictures, and other documents.
- Runs on a personalized operating system, Funtouch 3.0, based on Android 6.0.
- Unparalleled musical experience with Vivo’s signature Hi-Fi heritage and the AK4376 Hi-Fi audio chip.
- App Clone allows users to log on to two different accounts using the same social media app, making it convenient for multi-tasking users to compartmentalize their professional and personal lives. The App Clone currently supports important chat apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, BBM, Zalo, and Viber.
- Smart split 2.0 that enables the V5s to keep two tasks on screen at the same time; an eye protection mode that makes the screen light softer; and a 0.2 fingerprint unlocking.
- Slimmer bezels, a large 5.5 inch display in 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, and U-shaped cover lines that lend premium aesthetics to the back cover.
These are just some of the specs that comes with the Vivo V5s. You can check it out yourself when you visit partner stores and dealers nationwide.
The V5s is available nationwide for only P14,990. The big reveal at SM City North EDSA also featured performances from key personalities from the industry, including actor-model Tony Labrusca, Boyband PH, and hosted by lifestyle blogger Verniece Enciso and DJ Nikko Ramos. Also present during the unveiling were the Vivo Executives.
For inquiries about Vivo V5s, visit the Vivo website at vivoglobal.ph, or check out their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VivoPhil), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/vivophil/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/vivo_phil) accounts.
Viewed 92374 times by 2186 viewers